I am running Gingerbread on my Droid X. In landscape mode, it provides the option to hit "Done" and the keyboard slides down. I must then touch one of the "soft" buttons and then touch "send". Is there anyway to have Smart Keyboard send on "Done" in Landscape?
Landscape-mode--send on "Done"?
"Done" is an action handled (and requested) by the app in which you use the keyboard. It means that what happens when you press "Done" is not controlled by the keyboard.
Ok. Anyway "enter sends message" be added for landscape? Or, if not, is there anyway to send the message using the keyboard in landscape? Droid X running Gingerbread.
Whippetcat wrote:Ok. Anyway "enter sends message" be added for landscape? Or, if not, is there anyway to send the message using the keyboard in landscape? Droid X running Gingerbread.I use Handcent for texting on my Droid X with Gingerbread, it has an option to send using the enter key in landscape mode, no need to use the physical buttons
I use Handcent for texting on my Droid X with Gingerbread, it has an option to send using the enter key in landscape mode, no need to use the physical buttons[/quote]
Thanks, but I'm actually talking of email, not texting. I use ChompSMS for texting and that, too, has the ability to "send on enter". I use K9 and the native Gmail app for email, but the send on enter is not offered. I would like to find a mail client that does--maybe that's where I should be looking, instead of Smart Keyboard, huh? If it can't be done via Smart Keyboard--does anyone have an email client on their Droid phone that has "send on enter"?
Thanks, but I'm actually talking of email, not texting. I use ChompSMS for texting and that, too, has the ability to "send on enter". I use K9 and the native Gmail app for email, but the send on enter is not offered. I would like to find a mail client that does--maybe that's where I should be looking, instead of Smart Keyboard, huh? If it can't be done via Smart Keyboard--does anyone have an email client on their Droid phone that has "send on enter"?
Whippetcat wrote:I use Handcent for texting on my Droid X with Gingerbread, it has an option to send using the enter key in landscape mode, no need to use the physical buttonsThanks, but I'm actually talking of email, not texting. I use ChompSMS for texting and that, too, has the ability to "send on enter". I use K9 and the native Gmail app for email, but the send on enter is not offered. I would like to find a mail client that does--maybe that's where I should be looking, instead of Smart Keyboard, huh? If it can't be done via Smart Keyboard--does anyone have an email client on their Droid phone that has "send on enter"?[/quote]
ahh, ok, yeah I wish K9 had a toolbar with frequently used stuff (like send), I hate having to use the menu button too..