Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Using apostrophe (') changes word!

DJjay
If I type, for example, the word mum then follow this by an apostrope (wanting to put an 's' after this), it will change 'mum' to 'nun', so I end up with nun's.

Similar to if I type the name Aaishah, which is in my custom dictionary, it will then change to Aagpgag'p !

Can we please correct this so when adding an apostrophe (and s) it doesn't change the preceding word?

Thanks.

Using phone keypad with T9 prediction.
serenewaffles
If you're using the T9 keypad, you have to type in the entire word without T9 enabled. Otherwise it accepts the suggestion. This is the only way to add words to the dictionary when using the T9 layout.