Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Bug with Russian & Ukrainian layouts using hardware keyboard

...
Ukrainian and Russian keyboard layouts by default use layout "ящерты" instead of "йцукен" (when I'm using a hardware keyboard on my Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini pro). Unfortunately, my phone doesn't have "ящерты" keyboard layout on his hardware keyboard. He use standard "йцукен" keyboard layout. Please give the opportunity to use default hardware keyboard layout (called "йцукен") and method of writing. So how can I type on your layout, if my hardware keyboard's layout is different?)
You can see my keyboard's layout on attached picture
And please answer how quickly you will fix this bug? Thank you.

Attachments

sonyericsson_xperia_x10_mini_pro_35153d.jpg
sonyericsson_xperia_x10_mini_pro_35153d.jpg
cyril Developer
The problem is that there is no standard hard keyboard mapping for the standard Russian layout, as there are too many letters to fit on a QWERTY keyboard, that's why I did a phonetic layout in the first place. But choice of Russian hard keyboard layout will be possible in a future version
...
cyril, thank you for the answer.
I think that the easiest way is to leave the standard hard keyboard layout and method of typing that is used by default in the phone (I mean the layout, which my phone uses without any software, such as Smart Keyboard) (if it possible).
cyril Developer
Yes it's the most obvious thing to do, but not the easiest one. As far as I know there is no standard way of retrieving the alternative (e.g Russian) layout of your hard keyboard.
dmych
Hi, any news about Russian layouts?
I know no Russian who'd use "ящерты" actually.
We need "йцукен"! ;)
mnsl
hi !
can you fix this problem ?
now I use two keyboard program - virtual and hardware
is this normal ?

Michael