Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Indonesian dictionary

nickohalim
Hi Cyril,

Could you please provide Indonesian dictionary to be available in smart keyboard. I may help you with the word list required, however there will be a bit tricky to give the frequency. Do you have any word count software to do that, if yes I may be able to give you article from the news or any other articles you need.

Thanks and regard,

Nicko
androidgoodies
+1 we have around 250 million people here! please add it asap. FYI Swiftkey has already great indonesian dict ;)
cyril Developer
Hi
I would be happy to add an Indonesian dictionary if you give me a word list. Getting the frequencies is indeed the difficult part, I will try to do something if you cannot get them.
cyril Developer
I could, but it's not sorted, and I'm not sure it contains all word forms (can you confirm?)
ADTC
I just looked at that list and it is already sorted. Besides you can sort it quickly and easily using any freely available software like Notepad2.
EDIT: I think I must have misunderstood you. You meant the words should be sorted according to frequency? It's true the word list is not sorted according to frequency. But at least you could still use the alphabetically sorted word list to build a dictionary, then collect usage data for a few months to re-sort it according to frequency.

This is a more complete version of that list with around 80,000 entries: http://indonesian-wordlist.googlecode.c ... rdlist.lst
The one linked by alseuz has only less than 61,500 entries. You can check http://indonesian-wordlist.googlecode.com/ as well.

Anyway I'm interested in seeing a Malay ("Bahasa Melayu") dictionary, or at least an Indonesian one ("Bahasa Indonesia").
alseuz
Thanks ADTC for more complete dictionary information, I'm really need this Indonesian Dictionary, so I temporary use other keyboard app which already has Indonesian Dictionary. But Smart Keyboard has awesome feature, so I will be waiting for this dictionary released.
ADTC
alseuz wrote:Thanks ADTC for more complete dictionary information, I'm really need this Indonesian Dictionary, so I temporary use other keyboard app which already has Indonesian Dictionary. But Smart Keyboard has awesome feature, so I will be waiting for this dictionary released.
You can try this method I used to create Malay custom dictionary for Smart Keyboard which I mentioned here. If you can figure out what I did, you can easily create a custom dictionary for Indonesian as well (or you can ask me for help, but first read and try to understand what I did for Malay). :)