Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Issues with hyphen & dates....

wow400
Hi, whenever I use a hyphen whilst texting, I do it without spaces between words as spaces add to my SMS letter count.

It seems that SKB interprets this as a new word to learn & therefore doesn't pick up any mistakes of the word either side of the hyphen - is this intentional?

Also,

When I type dates and add a 'st' or a 'th' at the end (without space between obviously), SKB thinks this is a brand new word & again adds it to the dictionary & affects numbers when I type them again - anything I can do to prevent this?

Any way I can mitigate this?

Kind regards,

Nic
NickC
wow400 wrote: When I type dates and add a 'st' or a 'th' at the end (without space between obviously), SKB thinks this is a brand new word & again adds it to the dictionary & affects numbers when I type them again - anything I can do to prevent this?

Any way I can mitigate this?

Kind regards,

Nic
Only thing I can think of is to turn off automatic word addition to the dictionary. I did that a long time ago to avoid misspelled or nonsense words getting added because I was pressing the space too fast to correct! :)
wow400
Thanks NickC - I think what we need is a way for it to stop recognising numbers as words?
NickC
That might be an easy way if such an algorithm was added - even if the "automatically add words" was checked, it would ignore any word that has a number in it.
wow400
From Cyril, it was suggested 'This is already an option: "suggest numbers"' ?