Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Would like to be disable the automatic space after a word

imekul
Is there a way to disable the automatic space after selecting a suggested word? It's not usually a problem, but when I'm entering in something like a username, then I have to manually backspace to rid of that extra space.

I'm pretty sure the HTC keyboard doesn't add the space automatically -- except when hitting the space bar, obviously.

Is there any way to make this an option? I realize it can be a benefit for some people to have the space automatically thrown in there, but I think it would be nice to be able to turn it off.
cyril Developer
Yes, everything is possible ;)
Grief
imekul wrote:Is there a way to disable the automatic space after selecting a suggested word? It's not usually a problem, but when I'm entering in something like a username, then I have to manually backspace to rid of that extra space.

I'm pretty sure the HTC keyboard doesn't add the space automatically -- except when hitting the space bar, obviously.

Is there any way to make this an option? I realize it can be a benefit for some people to have the space automatically thrown in there, but I think it would be nice to be able to turn it off.
Fixed in the new version! :)
imekul
Thank you, Cyril! I love having so many options. Lets everybody customize the keyboard to their liking! :D