Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

QuickFixes settings

StormenDK
Hey there

First of all .. great keyboard, really worth the money for the Pro :)

I have one small feature change request though. For the QuickFixes settings.

Currently this etting needs to be turned on to use the integrated QuickFix settings, as well as the user-defined ones and the Suggestions/Dictionary settings.

My problem is the QuickFix that the application does that I have no or little control over.

F.x. if I type 'i', which should not be capitalized in danish, it is automatically capitalized to 'I' every time.

Also when using applications that don't allow for the smileys button, when I enter a text and then try to make a smiley, the colon is always moved right next to the last letter.

Example: 'Have a great day :)' becomes 'Have a great day: )', unless I move the colon manually. It is rather annoying.

Problem is that if I turn off QuickFixes setting, then my dictionary and Suggestions don't work either.

So my suggestions are these:

1. Make a List in the settings with the QuickFixes that are intergrated in the keyboard, so I can either edit it, or disable it if needed.

2. Enable me to select whether I want it to QuickFix colons, semicolons, commas and punctuation characters, so they are automatically moved next to the last letter in the string.

Thanks in advance.
Grief
I concur on all of the notes!

I would appreciate some kind of setting so that the automatically inserted space after each manually accepted word could be disabled, really annoying when you want to end a meaning with a dot for example...
cyril Developer
I will see what can be done for the smileys, I know it's a problem (for "..." too)

For the quick fixes in other languages than english, it's actually the improvement I want to do in the next release: making the AutoText depend on the keyboard language. Today the AutoText depends on the phone language, so if your phone locale is English, you will get "i -> I" AutoText even if you type in danish
Will come soon ;)
Grief
cyril wrote:I will see what can be done for the smileys, I know it's a problem (for "..." too)

For the quick fixes in other languages than english, it's actually the improvement I want to do in the next release: making the AutoText depend on the keyboard language. Today the AutoText depends on the phone language, so if your phone locale is English, you will get "i -> I" AutoText even if you type in danish
Will come soon ;)
Great work!
The automatically inserted space after manually selecting a word from the suggested words is now an option you can disable.

Will I be charged again for downloading the new version of 'Smart Keyboard Pro' from SAM? I previously had 1.22.1.
cyril Developer
I am not a SAM master ;) but no, you should not be charged for updates
Grief
cyril wrote:I am not a SAM master ;) but no, you should not be charged for updates
You're most definitely some kind of master :P