Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

How to invoke AutoText?

hankdaddy
I have defined AutoText entries, e.g., m# > mytext.

How do I make use of these? I am trying to do this in username fields for account logins. Is there a restriction on types of text entries, e.g., AutoText allowed in email messages but not allowed for usernames? Thanks.
cyril Developer
Hi
AutoText only works when using predictions. As predictions are disabled by default in some input fields, you would need to enable the "Always suggest" option to have it working everywhere
hankdaddy
OK, that did help. Another apparent limitation: Android's autosuggest ignores words with special characters. When I changed my autotext from @s to sz, it worked.

Thanks for your help.