Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Possibility to delete user-dict words easily

jawil
Hi! Great keyboard. What I would like is an easy way to delete words from the user-dict. I have enabled the option to automatically add new words to the user-dict, which is great. The downside of this is that I sometimes spell words wrongly, and they get added to the user-dict. I then get suggestions for this word later..

To fix this, I have the following suggestion:

- In the word-suggesion-bar on top of the input-field, I suggest to color the words from the user-dict in a different color than the words from the main dict. In this was, the user can easily see what is user-dict words and not.
- Long-press on a word from the user-dict deletes this word from the user-dict.

Any thoughts?
tw33kz0r
It is actually quite easy to delete words from the user dictionary by going into the text prediction settings of the app
kaffekopp
+1 for this feature. Entering the menu is well and good, but being able to do delete a word with a one-press action would be very quick and efficient!
thenymf
Yes, a feature like swiftkey has. If longpress word and exists in memory, delete.
legoleigh
Selecting multiple words at once using check boxes then pressing delete would be a good way to delete words you don't want.
jawil
It's not easy to delete words as long as you have to go into the user-dictionary, find them and then delete them. I have several hundrer words in the user-dict. I want to be able to delete the irritating ones directly from the input-window.
London
But adding check boxes would make cleaning up a lot easier -- I would like to see that feature, too!