Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Auto Complete does not turn off in T9 mode

spettersen
Whether or not "Auto Complete" is enabled in settings it is always on in T9 mode. Would realy like to turn this off..
cyril Developer
That's on purpose. Disabling auto complete in T9 mode doesn't make sense as the "word" you type is most of the time not a real word (for instance you will get "tggp" when you want to type "this").
spettersen
cyril wrote:That's on purpose. Disabling auto complete in T9 mode doesn't make sense as the "word" you type is most of the time not a real word (for instance you will get "tggp" when you want to type "this").
I find way to often that I am typing a word that is not in the dictionary but a longer one is. E.g. when I try to write the Norwegian word kompis, I get kompiser when I hit space after writing kompis because it is not in the dictionary.

Could it be possible to add an option to keep T9 but turn off auto complete to avoid this?