Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

vie?

Softwaredrone
Paid user.
Smart Keyboard is the greatest! There is one thing that is absolutely driving me crazy. When I try to type the word "the" (probably the most common word in the English language), the predictive text chooses "vie". ?????
Thinking that I'm not the first person to encounter this, I searched for the word "vie" to no avail.
Ideally, there would be a way to change the "first guess" for words typed. Is there such a procedure?
Thank you.
:-)
Softwaredrone
I figured it out by browsing this forum for a more general topic.
File | Settings | Language & keyboard | Smart Keyboard Pro Settings | Text Prediction | Smart Dictionary.

I typed sentences with the word "the" in them a couple dozen times, and, voila! No more vie.
Thanks!
:-)