Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Period after AutoText

Savialja
This is probably a user error - not a bug. But I did not know where to put the question.

I have entered several words in the "Custom AutoText" dictionary. When typing and entering those words it will usually add a period to those words. This only happens if I select the word with the space bar. If I press and select the word with my finger, there is no period.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank You!
cyril Developer
That's because you saved your words with a trailing space in your custom AutoText. Then space + space = period ;)