Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Bionic skin?

davidh606
Im wondering if anyone would be soooo nice to make a Bionic skin to match the ultimate bionic theme for go launcher on the market? Something in the blue, silver, and red colors. TheTehk? Dr.Cloverdale? You guys do some awesome work, so maybe one of you might be interested? If you need and info feel free to inbox me. I would be so happy if someone would add there artistic ability to the skin :) Thanks everyone for the super cool skins for this great keyboard
davidh606
Can't belive how many looks this request has gotten in 25 days lol... I know its being worked on so that's a + thanks Tehk :)
TheTehk17
Found some free time tonight to work on it.

So I went on the Market, searched for ultimate bionic theme. It's not there. It was there when I checked it out awhile ago, but now it's gone. Even went onto the web version of Market, and it's still not there.

Further researched revealed that it, and all of the dev's other work, has been pulled due to legal reasons. Now, if this was a free app, I'd go download it somewhere else, but it's paid.
davidh606
This is going to be a awesome looking skin when its completed ;)
davidh606
@ Tehk thanks again for making this in your free time. Looking forward to the finished product. I know your busy. Seen your post in the glow keyboard thread.
TheTehk17
davidh606 wrote:@ Tehk thanks again for making this in your free time. Looking forward to the finished product. I know your busy. Seen your post in the glow keyboard thread.
I sincerely apologize for not having this done, but my #1 focus is school. I literally have not had any free time at all for the past month. I'm doing the best I can, but I just don't have the time right now.
davidh606
I understand your busy and that's fine with me. Can't a guy give you a hard time? lol.... I'm just excited for the skin that's all :)
TheTehk17
I literally threw this together in 10 minutes. Not tested. MDPI should work, as I didn't change it from the version that's on my phone, but I tried to port it to HDPI- don't know if it's going to work or not. Custom word prediction bar not included for now.

May have time to work on this over the weekend, but please, everyone let me know and post screenshots of HDPI.

bionic5.zip 31.1 KB · downloaded 4,418 times

davidh606
Looks goods on droidx2 any way to get the glow around the letter's ?

Attachments

2011-11-04_19.03.48.png
2011-11-04_19.03.48.png
2011-11-04_19.04.30.png
2011-11-04_19.04.30.png
TheTehk17
Here is version with shadows.

I have not done the custom prediction bar yet because I have not had time (I actually edited this version from my phone). But I've been thinking about it for a while, the background should be black, but what should I make text colors?

Attachments

bionic5_rev1.zip 31.7 KB · downloaded 1,007 times

davidh606
Here is SS of the skin with shadow. With the keys how would it look if you did the letters red glow color but have the shadow white? As for the prediction bar the black background sounds right and I'm thinking the letters maybe silver or red. You able to apply glow to the word prediction bar? If you are maybe do the background black with silver outline and dividers and red letter's. I'm SOOOO LOVIN THIS SKIN :-)

Attachments

TehkBionicScreenShot.jpg
TehkBionicScreenShot.jpg
TheTehk17
Edited with the changes to the keys.

Cannot implement the custom prediction bar now, as I can't edit png files from my phone, but will do that as soon as I find time to hop on the computer.

Can't wait until I buy one of next year's quadcore Android tablets, so I can buy the official Adobe Photoshop application (still under development) and work on skins on-the-go ;) As of now, I can do everything but edit the png files from the phone.

Attachments

bionic5_rev2.zip 31.7 KB · downloaded 1,082 times

davidh606
I'm liking the red but I'm thinking the white letters are much better and easier to see. What do you think? What about trying black keys with the blue glow and then the red letters with white around. Just wondering what would make letters stand out more then just white ones. I'm still happy with the outcome and so appreciate your work on making this. I didn't know you can do this from a phone or is it just editing colors available thru phones? I'm sure when that bad boy quad 3 tablet hits you will be doing skins like crazy. I'm waiting on this darn Gallaxy Nexus to be in my hand lol...