Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see
Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email
contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.
When I write a word I do usually not know whether is is in the dictionary or not, so I simply start typing. If it is an unknown word I type it completey and finally save it to the dictionary by long pressing the word in the prediction line. However, when I made a typing error during typing which I only recognize at the end of the word, I first have to go back and must correct the error since the word in the prediction line also comprises this typing error (so I don't want to save it). But as soon as I move the cursor to the wrong letter to correct it the word is no longer underlined and no longer shown in the prediction line. So there is no possibility to save this word to the dictionary. I have to delete the word and restart to write it correctly from the very beginning.
I would be great if the word was kept in the prediction line even when it is corrected, to have an easy way to save it.
Such a feature already exists: just long press the word in the text field and scroll to the bottom of the list -- there you'll find an "add "XXX" to dictionary" option.
I don't have this option.
When I go back to correct a misspelled unknown word and press long this word in the text input field after correcting it, a popup appears showing the following three options: "Select word", "select all" and "Choose input method"
There is no option to add the word to the directory.
What do you exactly do to get this option?
London wrote:Such a feature already exists: just long press the word in the text field and scroll to the bottom of the list -- there you'll find an "add "XXX" to dictionary" option.
@ London: I really looked for this feature but I did not find it. Could you please explain in detail how you do this? I would love to have this feature.