Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Not work properaly with Logitech Tablet Keyboard 3.0+

juan96
Smart Keyboard not work with Logitech Tablet keyboard 3.0+ on Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1
Can't type upper charater of numeric key (!@#$%^&*())

And pops up soft key panel even if I checked pysical keyboard.

Also, key methode autocally changed to samsung keypad.
:oops:
tmiv44
I have the same problem on my Asus Transformer Hardware Keyboard. The shift key doesn't do what is is supposed to do.

SKP is hands down the best Keyboard out there for Android, but this inability to type an @ symbol has me looking for a replacement.

-Tm
scipio05
Seconded, was very disappointed to see that this was the case. I have a galaxy tab 10.1 and purchased this keyboard since it is the only one that supports external hard keyboards. I am also using a logitec tablet keyboard and neither the shift key nor caps lock works. I can sometimes get it to work by pressing the alt key and shift, but then I get weird characters and it doesnt always work. Please fix this as it is a major issue.

Also, is there any way we can select the word predictions through the keyboard itself? Ie using the arrow keys to move between predictions would be perfect or perhaps using ALT arrow keys if people had issues with using the arrow keys by themselves.


Please fix the shift/caps button!

:cry:
scipio05
I would like to add that I just realized that the shift and caps keys does work as expected in Gmail, but not in a lot of other apps/fields. Please fix! Thanks.
mmaso
These posts are from October - so it doesn't look like anything is going to be done about the problem. I really like the Smart Keyboard, but this is a deal broker. That's too bad - I purchased the pro version.

If there is not a fix to allow the @ and other symbols to work with a shift, what's the use of having the app? I have not mentioned it on the app comments as I wanted to be sure there is not a patch that I'm missing!
mmaso
Still no response/ (that is supposed to be a question mark ). Confirmed the problem is with smart keyboard. I was disappointed thatt the upgrade this week did not fix the problem. Ihave now confirmed it with two keyboards, the logitech bluetooth and now. The motorola bluetooth 9with mouse ). Sure would be nice to have it work correctly. Getting close to dumping it and giving it a bad rating.
only2sea
Hello, ;0

I also think this is very important issue. I am using Nexus S and Motorola Xoom. Neither of them works correctly with bluetooth keyboard.

Basic Android Keyboard for ICS works well. And Russian keyboard here I link works well with the shift key.

https://market.android.com/details?id=r ... oard&hl=en

It would be great if you could look at this issue. We hope to hear from you even if this is not easy to resolve.

Thanks,
Martin2theMax
I have the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 with the Samsung bluetooth keyboard portfolio. Same issue here. The software so far works best, better for the most part than Swiftkey but I hate the fact that I can turn on the alternate characters but can use them. Have to select ? by touching screen rather than shift+? What's the point of having the keyboard.

Funny thing is if Samsung would get their damn autocorrect, word prediction and dictionary to work, I wouldn't have bought another keyboard, I've bought 3 and none work correctly. Nuts.
Martin2theMax
Well sorry to say, now I've switched back to the Swiftkey and I'm thinking it may actually be better. At least the alternate keys on my bluetooth keyboard work.