Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Problem with Up Arrow

Fat Fingers
When in a text box with multiple lines of text, the up arrow does not work correctly. Instead of moving the cursor up a line in the text box, it causes the Arrow screen to revert back to the ABC screen.
cyril Developer
I can't reproduce.
What happens is that if you are already on the first line of text field, the up arrow will move you to the previous, which causes a reset of the layout (which is normal), but in other cases it works fine.
In which app do you get this ?
Fat Fingers
Yes, that is what is happening...Similarly, the down arrow takes you to Next. I don't like this, to me, the arrows should just move you around the text box, not out of it....I guess this an opinion open for debate.
cyril Developer
But I don't think I have control on this... when you click on the "up" arrow, I fake a keypress on the hard keyboard, so it's up to the app to decide what to do with the key event, not to the keyboard...
Fat Fingers
Ahhhhhhh......Damn Dolphin email client.