Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Swipe gestures almost impossible to use

jcs
Phone: Lg Optimus S
Android: Version 2.3.3
Product: Smart Keyboard Pro

Swipe gestures are extremely unreliable and usually result in unwanted keypresses instead of performing the intended function. When I had Android 2.2, swipe gestures worked well, and I frequently used a swipe-down gesture to hide the keyboard. However, upon upgrading to Android 2.3.3, the swipe gestures have become extremely insensitive, despite turning the sensitivity to the maximum.

If I move my finger in an extremely short and fast downward swiping motion, Smart Keyboard Pro performs the intended action about 50% of the time, and enters a bunch of unwanted characters the other 50% of the time. Under Android 2.2, swipe gestures seemed much more reliable -- a slow movement off the bottom of the keyboard almost always closed the keyboard. Now, this movement never performs the intended action -- it just enters a bunch of keys.

Is there any way to close the keyboard other than using the swipe gesture? I wouldn't even need the swipe gesture if it wasn't for the lack of a "close" key.
Frankump
I have the same problem with my LG Optimus (Sprint). It is very frustrating. You can use the "back" key on your Optimus to close the keyboard.