Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

How to setup in T9 to only allow known words to be typed in.

Stainless
I used to use BetterKeyboard and decided after lack of support, that I would purchase Smark Keyboard. It works so much faster. When I would type in T9 while using Betterkeyboard, if it wasn't a known word or a manually added word to the dictionary, it woudn't let you keep typing letters into infinity. For example... Say I'm trying to spell "important".. when I would type it, if I tried to hit a key that wasn't next in line, it wouldn't let you type another key until you hit the correct one. With Smart Keyboard, I can type "impor" and then hit the wrong key and it will allow me to just keep entering any key I want so I end up having to backspace to type the correct key in.. like this imporllllllllaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllll. I work out in the sunlight a lot and can't always stop in the shade to see what I'm typing so that safety mechanism would save me from back spacing to fix words. This SmartKeyboard has so many settings, I'm sure it's something I'm overlooking.

Can anyone tell me what to turn on or off to fix this?

Thanks.