Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Voice Input Integration

pearlythepirate
The current Smart Keyboard has a box that pops up to capture voice input.

The problem is that some apps (notably, Remember the Milk) lose focus on the text input bar when this happens, so the text that would have been inputted disappears into nothingness.

My request is to integrate the voice-box popup into the keyboard itself (maintaining text box focus). This is the behavior on the stock keyboard on Android 2.1.
cyril Developer
Hi
I've already explained in another post, I don't think it's possible. Voice input is a separate app provided by Google (as it uses Google servers for voice recognition), it's not an API. So I can only launch this external component, which causes the focus loss.
The stock keyboard is different: as it is Google's one, they integrated their voice input directly in the keyboard, which is not something I can do
pearlythepirate
Gotcha, thanks for the reply!
pearlythepirate
Another possibility I thought of would be to have the input box automatically copy the text to be inputted to the clipboard. That way the text can be inserted in such programs with the paste command. Would this be possible?