Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Custom image/color for suggestion selection

creeve4
I would like to be able to use a custom image or color for the selection of suggested words. Currently it is an orange box.
c00ller
You can already do this. If you make a skin, just replace /drawable/candidate_highlight.9.png with whatever you want
creeve4
I have not been able to find a theme with a "candidate_highlight.9.png" file in the /drawable/ folder. What size should this file be? Do I need to reference it in the xml file?

Just to be clear, I am talking about the highlight of the suggested word when it is PRESSED. I know how to change the normal candidate highlight.
c00ller
creeve4 wrote:Exactly! Thank you!
No problem! In Skin.xml, don't forget to adjust the following or else the suggestion word might look funny when pressing:
<candidates>
      <colors>
            <!-- Color of the highlighted candidate -->
            <highlight>#FFFFFFFF</highlight>
      </colors>
</candidates>
As you can see it changes the suggestion word color when it is pressed. I made it white as you can see in my thread.