Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Feature Request to help getting smart ;)

Jesmugge
Thanks for the absolutely best keyboard in Android Market :D

I'm from Denmark and have a request that I think would help a lot.
So the feature that adds new words to user dictionary by holding on the word is NICE.
Could a similar feature be used with the smart dictionary, so when I'm typing "no" with T9 but more often use "on" could I hold the "on" and then smart dictionary know that this is my preferred word in the future :)

This could also kill the problem with danish, where pressing "4" gives G and not I, and it seems to never change.

So please consider this suggestion :)

Thanks

Jesper
NickC
I like this idea! Smart Keyboard already does change the preferred word based on frequency but sometimes it's hard to tell how frequent the word must be entered before Smart Keyboard will switch to that as the default.

Your suggestion would effectively *force* it to prefer the new word, so that would be helpful!