Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Remap alternates for hard keyboard

marcus132
Smart Keyboard Pro works great on my Optimus Slider's hard keyboard.

The only problem is, the numbers/alt keys printed on my physical keyboard don't match what Smart Keyboard Pro types.

Is there a way to remap the numbers/alt keys for a hardware keyboard? If not, consider this an official feature request. :D

Thanks for a great app!

-- Marcus
jaha
Second this :-) Same problem on my Motorola Pro+.

Jarle
Guest
Great Post...I loved it...will email it to a friend.
marcus132
While I would still like to see custom mapping for hardware keyboards, I have a temporary workaround that might be easier to implement in the short run.

I have Smart Keyboard Pro set to "Advanced settings -> Ignore hard keyboard." This makes the soft keyboard come up when the hard keyboard is out, but does not "ignore" the hard keyboard. Both work simultaneously.

So I switch the soft keyboard to the Alts board, and then type letters on the hard keyboard and alts/numbers on the soft keyboard. The only trouble is, the alts keyboard will often switch back to the letters while I'm composing a message, so I have to switch back to alts/numbers every time I need to use one.

Would it be possible to add an option where the soft keyboard always stays locked on alts/numbers when using with the "ignore hard keyboard" option?

Thanks!