Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Google Voice and GMail Subject

JoeC
I have a Nexus One, and I've had an issue in two apps: Google Voice and GMail.

When messaging in GV, and composing a new message, there is no issue entering a contact. However, when trying to type in the main body field, no characters can be entered and the input seems frozen for text.

The same behavior happens in the subject field of GMail.

For reference, I use the T9 keyboard. Despite the bugs, it's the best keyboard I've used yet!
cyril Developer
Hello
I use gmail daily and don't have this problem... If it is reproducible, maybe you could activate debug logs (in the advanced settings) and send me a log report with "Loca Collector" when it happens, because I can't reproduce
JoeC
I can reproduce this everytime I compose a new text message in GV (having to select a contact vs. a reply to an existing message thread).

I have enabled the debug log in the app, but I don't know how to send you this bug report or how to use "loca collector."

Please advise.

Thanks!
cyril Developer
haha it's a typo, I meant "Log Collector" ;) (it's an app)
cyril Developer
So, I don't see anything special in your logs... I'll try to reproduce with a Nexus One, as soon as I get mine ;)