Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

FN key not working properly for Desire Z HW keyboard

winger
Hi Cyril,

Can you help with this one - I have a problem for Desire Z HW keyboard.
The thing is that if I want to write some word in quotes i. e. this thing -> " I press FN once to get alternative character, but only one, so that the next one is normal, but what I get is this -> "5his is theexample" instead of this -> "this is the example". Seems like FN key is working for two consecutive characters, but the problem is only for that character -> ", all others work fine.

Also, one more question, how to switch off capitalisation after fullstop or new line, but only for one letter. For example, when I write "e. g.", I get "e. G.". Would be great if pressing shift once or deleting capitalised letter would switch off the capitalisation rule for next character.
winger
Darn spammers......

Cyril, can you please take a look at the bug that I described in the original post? Thanks.
winger
Issues with FN key for Desire Z fixed with new version - excellent!!!

However - after update of my phone to 2.3.3 the code for SYM key has changed from 97 to 116 and pressing it again gives  insdead of special symbols table. I saw one more user reporting same issue on the board. Can you fix it? I suppose this is relatively easy to fix.

One more bug still remaining, when using HW keyboard, any password entered on a web form is visible on the suggestion bar...