Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

CYRIL....PLEASE GET RID OF SPAM!!!!

yhwhsupports
Moderator edit: if you would like to assist in spam removal (or other threads you thing should not be there, for example, warez), reporting the thread by pressing the '!' button at the top of the post will help us out greatly. Thanks! -TheTehk17

Lots of spam topics accruing here.
PROXIMO
Make someone or few people thar are dedicated to the site or are frequently using it moderators, so they can help with spam.

Donate
schrochem
you gotta love it when an anti-spam thread gets spammed....
:)

The bots sure like this forum.
kctony
Holy balls. This forum has been hijacked by spammers!
TheTehk17
I've seen many other php forums spammed by people as well- especially by Uggs. I think Cyril needs a moderator here. On SDX, spam and wrongly posted (i.e. a question posted in Development) threads are fixed within hours. It keep the forum clean and promotes a better atmosphere.
cyril Developer
Sorry I didn't have much time to take care of the forum lately, I will do a bit of cleanup.
If someone wants to moderate the forum, it will help me indeed ;)
TheTehk17
cyril wrote:Sorry I didn't have much time to take care of the forum lately, I will do a bit of cleanup.
If someone wants to moderate the forum, it will help me indeed ;)

That's understandable. No one has unlimited time to do everything ;)

I'd like to help moderate. I don't have a means to create skins very often, so I'd like to contribute in this way, if you're okay with that.

First of all, we'd need to create an 'Archive' section to put spam, and possiblly a 'Trash' section to put threads that violate forum rules.
cyril Developer
Actually I just remove users who post spams, and all their messages. It's probably not robots as I changed the registration challenge and there are still new spammers...
I will check if I can give you the rights to do it too
TheTehk17
cyril wrote:Actually I just remove users who post spams, and all their messages. It's probably not robots as I changed the registration challenge and there are still new spammers...
I will check if I can give you the rights to do it too
Alright. That's probably the right thing to do.

If I can't get mod access that's alright. Every forum is different ;)

EDIT: I sent you a PM a while ago. Sorry about that- so many spam threads were created that this thread was pretty much pushed to page 2.
kctony
The spammers have made this site practically unusable. I wish something would be done as this is getting way out of control.
TheTehk17
Hello all,

Me and cyril are working against spam. We are aware of the hundreds of spam threads in the Feature Requests section, but it would be greatly appreciated if anything we missed (or newly posted spam) can be reported. I check this forum often and will be continuously checking for spam threads- I've already deleted a bunch.

Links to warez (pirated software) are also not condoned on this forum and can be reported as well.

Thank you.