Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Change default letter in T9 mode ?

jlgmaxsenal
Is it possible to change the letter which is selected by the first press when in T9 mode ?

For example, when I press the WXYZ key 'W' is selected. Id like to be able to change this so that 'X' is selected as default instead. Is this possible ?

Thanks.
cyril Developer
Hi
there is an easy way: add "w -> x" in your custom AutoText, and that will make it!
jlgmaxsenal
Hi thanks - I have tried adding the following to my User Dictionary :

"w -> x"

that didnt work so I also tried:

w -> x

but the 'W' is still selected as default when I press the WXYZ key in T9 mode !
cyril Developer
I tried so it worked... but there is a misunderstanding...
I didn't tell you to add "w -> x" to your user dictionary, but to add a "custom AutoText" shortcut. "w -> x" is just a representation, I mean you need to enter a shortcut where w will be replaced by x
jlgmaxsenal
Hi, sorry for the confusion !

That works great thanks !