Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Where's the pound (£) symbol?

Vertigo
Noticed today that, despite having English International set as my language, the landscape numeric/symbol keyboard doesn't have a pound symbol on it. Note I'm on about the British Pound Sterling symbol here (£), not what you in the US call the pound (#) and which we call hash :)

How can I enable the £ symbol?
cyril Developer
Hi
just press the "Alt" key when you are in the symbol keyboard
Vertigo
Aha - and there it is. Thanks for that :)
GregDray
Hi,

Any way of replacing the $ with the £ on the mains keyboard?

Thanks,
Greg
cyril Developer
Not at the moment
I will think about it...
Zarch
cyril wrote:Not at the moment
I will think about it...
I would welcome this..... us brits have seldom use for $, so flipping the current locations of $ and £ would be very welcome.
This would put $ with euro on the alt section, and £ above D on the main keyboard, which would be perfect for us Brits.
cyril Developer
There is a simple solution: define a custom autotext to replace "d" by "£", and that's all!
Zarch
cyril wrote:There is a simple solution: define a custom autotext to replace "d" by "£", and that's all!
Cyril, that seems a bit of a pain to be honest.

How difficult would it be to create an English (British) locale with £ being the prominent currency symbol?
cyril Developer
I'm not saying it's difficult (I could do this for the next version)
I'm saying there a solution NOW to your problem ;) and it's even better than long pressing the d key as you just need to press "d" and you have your pound! (do you ever type the word "d" alone?)
Zarch
cyril wrote:I'm not saying it's difficult (I could do this for the next version)
I'm saying there a solution NOW to your problem ;) and it's even better than long pressing the d key as you just need to press "d" and you have your pound! (do you ever type the word "d" alone?)
Thanks Cyril.

I was thinking more long term for new users finding £ instantly than having to knowing they have to create custom autotext.

If you could look at bringing something into the next version, that would be stunning. :D
Zarch
cyril wrote:Fair enough, I added it in the latest beta
Utterly amazing Cyril. Works a treat having a new language "English (uk)".

If only every author was so quick to take onboard comments and action. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D