Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Copy and Paste?

MoBreezy213
Why do I even have to suggest this, it should be some way to copy and paste
cyril Developer
Hi
maybe because that's already possible :p
Copy/paste is handled by Android, not by the keyboard. Do a long press in the text input box to see the opions ("select text", "copy", "paste", etc.)
MoBreezy213
Android also made it so you can do it w/ Ctrl -A , Ctrl-X, Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V etc .. its a lot easier, the touch screen version is a lot slower, and harder for if you don't want to select the entire field
cyril Developer
Do you mean "using the hardware keyboard"? (It's not obvious.. few people have a hard keyboard here ;) )
WolfgangK
Hi,

I don't know what MoBreezy213 meant, but I also would like to have an easier way to select, copy and paste than long pressing on the field.

There is a lot of room on the arrow keyboard and it also seems the perfect place for buttons to turn select on/off, to cut, to copy and to paste.

I admit, I have no idea if it is technically possible.
wretch21
I also was asking to include a "select text" button, cut, copy, and past buttons onto the arrow keypad. There is plenty of room on it.

This would bypass the need to long press in the text box area, not once but twice.

It is possible, Uber Keyboard has it. I used to use that keyboard and it's very handy and improves functionality. I don't think the keypad would look too cluttered by adding all 4 buttons either, as there is plenty of space on it.

Using swipe to pull up the keypad, and then the buttons, I would be very fast at everything on Smart Keyboard.
WolfgangK
I added this as issue #156 to the bug tracker, since that is supposedly the right place for feature requests now and there doesn't seem to be any answer here.
cyril Developer
I will look into this, the problem is that I will already add other keys to the keypad ;) I will try to find some room...
WolfgangK
Ah, I see. In case you absolutely can't find room for 4 buttons, maybe 2: Paste and Select On/Off and on Off open a menu offering Cut/Copy/Cancel.