Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

auto text

mkathyd
Can you take away the automatic space after selecting an auto text word? It is frustrating. If I hit space I get a period and if I don't I get 2 spaces.
cyril Developer
Hi
that's why there is an option "space after picking" ;) Or maybe I don't understand your problem...
mkathyd
The space after picking option does not cut off and on for the auto text. It puts a space there after you select the auto text word regardless.
cyril Developer
Sorry but I still don't understand your problem. Are you really talking about the custom AutoText?
If you pick a word in the prediction bar (regardless it comes from the dictionary or the custom autotext), a space is inserted only if you enable this "space after picking" option, or if you type the space key, of course... Are you sure you didn't type this trailing space yourself when you entered the autotext shortcut? This is the only explaination I have
mkathyd
If I uncheck the auto space box and then select a word that is in my auto text dictionary it still inserts a space afterthe word when it isn't supposed to. That's the problem.
cyril Developer
I understand, but I cannot reproduce it
Have you checked that you didn't put this space in the shortcut itself?
mkathyd
Ah hah! This is why your the genius! It was inserted automatically when I selected the shortcut word. Now I can fix them all.