Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see
Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email
contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.
this is a nice feature: Enter key in the Market, smiley in Messaging.
however, on the htc incredible's messaging app, when i have the feature set to "auto," it still shows the enter key.
edit: doesn't work in Handcent either.. maybe it's an Incredible issue?
It's normal, the HTC messaging app doesn't give the "IM field" hint to the keyboard, so the "auto" mode cannot work (this is the case for all HTC phones)
As for Handcent, this is normal too, you have to set an option to activate the smiley key
By the way, some people claim that "the HTC incredible doesn't allow to switch to something else than the stock keyboard". I don't believe this at all, but can you confirm that you didn't do anything special to have SKP working?
yeah I can confirm that all i had to do was go into the language and keyboard settings as usual. didn't have any problems setting it up. however I do notice that when I type rather quickly it doesnt register some of my keypresses.. takes some getting used to.