Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

"First suggestion only on long keypress"-mode

jawil
I'm using the Norwegian dictionary. That means that I have all the "funny" Norwegian characters that I'm using on the main keypad.

I do, however, use many of the long-keypress optional characters, like all the numbers, @ / ( ) etc. But I never use any of the other suggestions that show up on long keypresses.

The situation now is that some long key-presses leads directly to the second alternative. For example, long press on "t" gives a "5". But, a long keypress on "u" gives a whole list of possibilities.. I just want the number 7!

So, could there be a mode to disable all the other "nonsens" characters and only go with the first alternative key on long keypress? :)

As it is now, the "workflow" of typing is interrupted, because some keys require an additional selection. And I never need any of the other suggestions anyway.
cyril Developer
Hi
this is something I am working on (actually it will still display all the possibilities, but the first one will be selected by default)
mocelet
That's great, I'd vote for this feature too.

In my case, since the Spanish language only has "á" kind of accentuated vowels (no "à", "ä" or "â"), a very useful option would be making the accentuated vowel ("á" kind) the first suggestion for the long press of a vowel. Spanish is full of accentuated words, so I rarely write numbers or symbols in comparison to accents (thus having to long press and then select).
mocelet
Great update (2.3.0) for the Spanish keyboard, now it's a lot easier and faster to write accentuated words, at least for me :) Thanks for listening feature requests cyril!