Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

No More Space Bar Popup?

eolsgaard
Hi,

I just became a user of the HTC Droid Incredible (from a blackberry) and I downloaded your program. I love everything about it, except for one minor change. I really enjoy having popup letters, but I noticed that compared to the stock HTC keyboard, Smart Keyboard adds a popup letter for the space bar. I find this a little distracting because it ends up covering up an entire row of letters for a brief moment. It's probably because I'm not as good as some others, as far as being able to type without looking, but I was wondering if an option could be added (like the option of disabling popup all together) to just disable the space bar popup?

Come to think of it, that's kind of a big request...

Thanks for your time!

Erik
cyril Developer
Hi
actually it's not that difficult, I don't even think it's worth adding an option for that, it could be the standard behavior
eolsgaard
cyril wrote:Hi
actually it's not that difficult, I don't even think it's worth adding an option for that, it could be the standard behavior
I certainly wouldn't mind that! :D

Would it be in an update coming up soon?
cyril Developer
It's done, so it will be in the next update!
gtdrew
I think it is worth having the popup spacebar as an option. I fatfinger B instead of space all the time. Just adding my input, no idea how hard it is to add but hey more options are better than less.
cyril Developer
Hi
I agree, but I already added this option in the latest version !
It's "Space preview" in the advanced settings
gtdrew
Thanks. Had not looked there. Appreciate it.