Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Regarding the Italian Keyboard.

gengaro
Hi,

I've been using SMP for a while now and I'm quite happy with it, but I'd like the quotation mark (') to be removed from the Italian Keyboard as it's in a fairly uncomfortable place. I keep pressing it instead of l. The standard layout was very nice and usable.

Can it be removed? Or could you make two different layouts, one with the quotation mark and one without?
I've stopped using it just a few days ago and I'm back at HTC IME MOD just for the layout..
cyril Developer
You need to talk with the one who asked me to add this key in the italian layout ;)
Yes I can add another layout without it
lornova
I agree with gengaro, the quotation mark on the alt key is much more consistent with how other symbols are inserted.
However, it would be very cool to have a special "accents" key (like in the Xperia X1 physical keyboard).
gengaro
Still no new layout for us? :D

I'm still stuck with other keyboards 'cause it's too difficult for me to handle the quotation mark in that position with my big fat thumbs (even if I'm on a 3,5" 800x480 display :D)
cyril Developer
Yes there will be another layout in the next update