Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Hebrew keyboard

eerez
hebrew fonts have been added in froyo. Please add a hebrew keyboard.
Thank you!
cyril Developer
Hello
I am working on it, so you won't wait too long ;)
eerez
Thanks for adding it!
That was seriously quick.
Is there anything you need that I can help you with in order to get a Hebrew dictionary?
Do you need a list of hebrew words in descending occurance order?
What format would that list be in? A text file?

Thanks so much!
Ely
cyril Developer
Exactly. A text file (utf8) sorted by decreasing frequency would be a good start
eerez
I know anysoft keyboard has a hebrew dictionary. I don't know if this is quite your style by I'm fairly sure its open source. Other than that ill try to find a list
inoam
The words are switched, meaning written from left to right. I am talking with a developer to provide word list based on hebrew wikipedia.
eerez
Cyril, the list itself seams correct except for the fact that the words are written from left to right instead of from right to left.
i was not able to find any other dictionary, and i dont know if inmoan will be able to.

is there anyway that you can use that list just have the dictionary insert the words backwards?

im not a great programmer, wondering if this can be done.
thanks
cyril Developer
I think this is just the browser which is displaying the words in the wrong direction. If I use this list in my dictionary it will work fine.
inoam
cyril,
My friend is taking his time with the hebrew list. He was trying to make one out counting words of the hebrew wikipedia, but I have another idea.
Wikipedia is biased toward high langauge. What if I provide you a zip archive with a lot of hebrew movie subtitles, do you have script to create a dictionary out of it?
inoam
By the way, that list make sense (outside of the word of the letters). So if you want to use it, I think we'll can test it and see if it's good.
cyril Developer
So, I corrected the direction of the letters, and released the first version of "Hebrew for Smart Keyboard" on Android Market!
eerez
Thank you so much! It works pretty well!