Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Weird capitalization issue

Anidamo
Hi Cyril, love the keyboard... it works great. :)

I've been experiencing a bit of a weird issue with capitalization for the last several versions of smartkeyboard. There seems to be a bug where pressing the caps key too quickly after pressing another key will result in the keyboard going into caps mode for a split second before reverting back to lowercase.

For example, if I'm typing an email and I need to captialize a word like Google, I need to wait a second before hitting the caps key for Google otherwise it will just switch back to lowercase mode without me typing anything.

A minor issue but it gets kinda annoying when you need to type an email with a lot of proper nouns heh.

Thanks.
Anidamo
Also, I don't know if there are some debug logs or something like that that I can post to help identify the problem, but please let me know if there's any way for me to provide more information.

Ah, and because I forgot to mention this in my previous post, I'm running Smartkeyboard Pro 2.3.3 on a Droid running the latest CyanogenMod.

Thanks. :)
nick.koutrelakos
this issue happens on the stock Droid keyboard as well
imekul
I've noticed the same issue on my HTC Hero and now Evo.
hyperlite
I have seen this issue for a while now. I do not remember what version it started on though. I have a Motorola Droid with stock 2.1. Has there been any consensus as to what might be causing this?
cyril Developer
Yes, the cause is that your finger 'slips' and you start pressing on the shift key and release your finger outside the key