Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Red Line & Failed Keystrokes

ThirdGenRX7
I am coming from an iPhone and I can type very fast on it. Apparently, that's because I press more than one button at a time. I downloaded this keyboard because it had "multitouch support". I thought that meant that I could press two keys at one time and have them register one after another. I have noticed while I type that when I go really fast I get a light blue dot that is connected to a dark blue dot on the next key that I press by a red line and that's when a key fails to register. Is there a way that I can get the keyboard to register the "double press" so I can keep typing at my normal speed?

Thanks, sorry if this message wasn't clear I was in a hurry. If it's unclear please let me know.
cyril Developer
Hi
yes multitouch means you can press two fingers at the same time, however there are some limitations due to the hardware and/or drivers of the phone, which may lead to incorrect results (as discussed in this topic http://smartkeyboardpro.com/forum/viewt ... ?f=3&t=218)
About the red lines, did you activate them on purpose? It's an advanced setting ("show touch points"), which is off by default
ThirdGenRX7
Thanks for the quick reply. I read the thread and see that this is the exact issue that I am referring to. I have the EVO 4G and the stock keyboard does the same thing just FYI. Yes, I did activate the touch points on purpose. What do the red lines mean? Also, nice work on the keyboard if this multitouch issue was resolved it would be amazing. What I didn't see in the thread was if you were in the process of fixing this or just thinking about it.

I'm sure right now a lot of EVO users are running into the same first time frustration that I am. If you got this fixed and marketed it as the "multitouch EVO keyboard" or something like that I'll bet there are a lot of people who would be downloading!