Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Poor text prediction with scandic alphabets

Jiia
Hey!

I really love Smart Keyboard. I've been using it for over a year now and it still beats every other keyboard on the market. There's only one thing I don't like in it, and it's the text prediction that's not always very smart. Here are some examples:

Trying to type AAMU (in the dictionary)
> AANU
Corrected: ÄÄNI

Trying to type TOISSA (in the dictionary)
> TOSISA
Corrected: TÖISSÄ

So it seems like the text prediction has no idea that Ä and Ö are on the other side of the keybaord than A and O and can't really be mistyped. These problems mostly happen with scandic alphabets. Hopefully this problem can be fixed soon so that this would really be a perfect keyboard! ;)

Attachments

shot_000002.png
shot_000002.png
Jiia
Seriously what is this stuff? The predictions seems to suck even with regular alphabets.

Trying to type: "KIRJOTIT" (in user dictionary)
> I type "KIRJOTUT"
No correction suggestions at all even though the letters I and U are next to each other.

I'm changing keyboard now.