Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

unreliable gesture recognition? - Galaxy S2

brandobean
ENVIRONMENT:
* Sprint Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G touch),
* STOCK non-rooted EK02 ROM
* plenty of memory available left (over 1Gig, no SD card)
* SKP version 4.6.1 from the market. (clean install, no earlier versions ever installed on this phone)

ISSUE:
Gestures are not being recognized reliably. Specifically, the gesture I use most -> Swipe Left to delete a word. It appears to be recognized only about 25% of the time. I've plated with the gesture sensitivity control. I've experimented with swiping quickly, then slowly, over different parts of the keyboard... swiping halfway, or swiping all the way across. Nothing I do gets this gesture recognized reliably. When it isn't recognized, it often spews spurious letters from the swipe into my input text, causing me to swipe again... and again...

Any ideas?

I also have a gesture for Swipe down = Close keyboard and that similarly doesn't work every time.
c00ller
I've had similar issues with this as well, which is why I have requested the ability to delete a word by holding shift and pressing backspace.
brandobean
c00ller wrote:I've had similar issues with this as well, which is why I have requested the ability to delete a word by holding shift and pressing backspace.
That's a pretty cool idea too but us. Really like to see gestures work as I love that funtionality. By the way, as an update, now that I've had my new phone a week, I'll say that this issue is intermittent. Some days it seems to work well, others not so much. Don't ya just love bugs like that?