Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Dvorak layout is inappropriate for tablet

nathan
Hello,

A friend of mine recommended this keyboard because of its language support. He said that it supported the Dvorak keyboard layout, though he uses qwerty himself. However when I tried to type in Dvorak on my tablet, I noticed that the upper row is shifted one key to the left. (See the picture on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dvorak_keyboard.) On a tablet, it may also be appropriate to keep the ",." keys in the top row... in any case, I can't touch-type with the layout the way it is.

I also use dvorak-fr (http://www.algo.be/ergo/dispositions.htm) for French...I'm not sure how easy it would be to incorporate this into your program because of the way it redefines the number keys.

I'm a developer myself (making a windows computer game), and I'm happy to beta-test and give feedback or even tweak things a little.

Cheers!
- Nathan