Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see
Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email
contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.
Just have to say, I love this keyboard.. esp the T9 mode. I do have one small "paper cut" if you will. It would be nice when the option between Enter and Smile faces is set to auto, how about having a long press on the button bring up the rest of the smiles and the enter key. For example, if I am in an app needs enter key, pressing the button quickly sends enter; but a long press on the key brings up the smiles.
Thanks,
Alan
Some apps (mostly just the SMS apps like Handcent, GO SMS, etc) have an option to control the behavior of the enter/smiley key just as you said. But unfortunately most apps do not provide this option, and there is no way Smart Keyboard will be able to tell by itself if a particular user in a specific app will want it..
I don't see why the app (sms or whatever) can't control the default behavior of the single click on the enter/smiley button - but either way I'd love a long press to always pop-up the smiley mini-keyboard/popup!!