Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

ICS 4.0.3 Keyboard not working

limac
Hi.
I just updated my Xoom to ICS 4.0.3 and there is no way to activate Smart Keyboard. It is present in the "settings" under "language and keyboards" but it is not present in pop up window " input options" in any app . Anybody experienced this and knows solution for the problem? Many thanks.
limac
Accidentally I've found way round it now.
I installed Go keyboard as stock one was killing me. After installation Go configurator opened/enabled a pop-up window which gave me choice of all the keyboards installed on the device. Smartpro was on the list!
Shame the other developer of free app turned out to be more helpfull than the one I paid.
excubated
The way to change input methods in ICS is a bit different than in GB - just slide down your status bar while in an input field, and the keyboard selector is in a notification :)
skrib
I just updated today the latest Smart Keyboard Pro and no nothing works. I only get the default android keyboard. Long pressing etc does not work. Its as if the Android is totally ignoring the fact Smart Keyboard is installed.
TheTehk17
skrib wrote:I just updated today the latest Smart Keyboard Pro and no nothing works. I only get the default android keyboard. Long pressing etc does not work. Its as if the Android is totally ignoring the fact Smart Keyboard is installed.
Try uninstalling and reinstalling.