Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Spacebar accuracy issue

batmvd
Hello, I started having this issue a couple of days ago. Everything was perfect: key accuracy, predictive text, the spacebar. Suddenly I noticed words were written continuously without spaces between them. I had to press the spacebar many times to actually put a space between words.
I don't have "touch to correct words enabled". I don't use wavelauncher. I did try using bottom padding with no success.

I have a galaxy mini, android version 2.3.7 and pro version of smart keyboard 4.6.1.

Thanks in advance.
istaylor71
I have had similar issue after getting a new phone and therefore upgrading smart keyboard from 4.5.0 to 4.6.1. I usually get the letter "v" instead of a space. I have tried different bottom padding, key height, and calibrated after each of those changes.
brandobean
I'm not sure if it is a bug or just a quirk about my typing but I very often get no spaces and instead a "b" or "v" inserted between words. Like this: "thisvword" or "thankbyou". Swiftkey 3.x has started looking for these common typos and autocorrects them to change the B and V to a space. I'd love to see smartkeyboard do that as well. I do this at *least* one word every few sentences.