Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see
Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email
contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.
Hi, this is my phone: HTC Sensation XE, Rom ICS 4.0.3 with Sense 3.6 and smart keyboard pro installed.
I also have a HTC Desire with Smart Keyboard Pro and it is working fine.
This is the problem: when I press the suggested word to insert it, sometimes it only lights up but doesn't insert and I have to press three or four times to insert it, why?
If you want I can provide a video.. thank you!
Davide
I have a Galaxy Nexus running 4.0.2 with the same issue with Smart Keyboard 4.6.1.
Words will show up in the suggestion bar, but when I touch them, I get an empty pop-up but no word is placed. It sometimes takes 2-3 taps before the word is inserted.
I've disabled multi-touch as a test to see if this helps.
Any suggestions, or is a fix in the works?
Thanks!
I have a Galaxy S2 running ICS 4.0.3
I too have this problem, and judging by the number of views this thread has had (at the moment over 120!!), so do many others!!
As said above, when I touch the desired word, it lights up, but doesn't get selected, I then have to touch it 2,3 even 4 times before it does!!
I found this only happenning since I flashed from 2.3.6, so maybe is an ICS error?
Please fix, because this is the best keyboard bar none!!!!
Smart Keyboard is known to have problems with Android 4.0. The bugs should be fixed if cyril decides to update the application with better 4.0 support.
Just to confirm, this is indeed an ICS (Android 4.x.x) problem, after flashing back to Gingerbread (2.3.6), and using it a week, the keyboard works like a charm. Now I'm trapped between using 2.3.6 WITH the keyboard, or 4.0.4 WITHOUT!!
Decisions, decisions!!