Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

can't activate

sireag
I changed my phone from Droid1 to samsung galaxy nexus with android 4.0. When I re-downloaded smart keyboard pro it is selected in the settings, but I can't activate it. When I long press in a text box I get no input choice and the phone just keeps using the Android keyboard even though it is deselected in Settings. Can you help me?
Spongebob290
Hi matey...I had this problem after resetting my Galaxy S2...after installing the disastrous Ice Crap Sandwich.

the long press doesnt work on the later versions. I accidentally found this. On the standard keyboard skin, there is a settings icon...a little gear wheel....you might have to swipe left or right to enable it. Hold this for a bit and the menu to choose Smart Keyboard comes up.
:D
Bob