Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Occasional freeze/lock when awoken under ICS 4.04

kcfong2
I just upgraded to ICS 4.04 and have noticed that occasionally <-- strike that...it is now FREQUENTLY, when calling up Smartkeyboard Pro, the keyboard is unresponsive. The keyboard instantiates, but it will not allow any key input. What is unusual is, if I "bang away" at the keyboard with rapid multitouch succession, it eventually responds and returns to normal. This happens at least once or twice during a work day <-- strike that, it is at least every 5th time I pull up the keyboard, and only when calling up the keyboard (it hasn't happened while using it). I have experienced this on two of my devices with ICS 4.04, so I have ruled out the digitizer of the phone. On Gingerbread 2.37, this did not happen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app twice (restore settings in both cases). Please advise. BTW, I have not had this occur with the stock Android keyboard.
TheTehk17
I remember this happening, though rarely, with Android 2.2 on my phone. None of my devices are running Android 4.0, however. Those having the issue- maybe you could pull a logcat, pastebin it, and post the link here. Maybe cyril will see it the next time he is online.

As for Dexilog, I think cyril is the only one there. If there were others, they would probably have shown up at one point or another.
rincewing
Some problem here. Just updated my Xperia Neo to ICS 4.0.4 and Smart Keyboard Pro freezes constantly.

I think that this keyboard is the best one in the Android Market, but this bug is not fixed, I will have to look for another keyboard app... :cry: :cry: