Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Wrong suggestion

cyril Developer
Hi
That's why I added an option "RTL suggestions" in v2.5.0 (it was for arabic, but it also applies to hebrew)
The point is that some ROMs implement RTL correctly, others don't, so the keyboard cannot guess automatically what it has to do (unless someone has a magical idea). That's why there is an option ;)
inoam
Thanks Cyril that's great, didn't know about this option! I'll let the community know...
Tried it now, it works but only for the word typed the rest are still switched...
cyril Developer
Tried it now (again), and it works for all the words ;) So I don't understand...
inoam
Cyril are you using cyanogen 5.0.8? I can send you a screen shot of that would help, also I confirmed this issue with other people using hebrew on smartkeyboard pro.
cyril Developer
No, I am using FRF50 at the moment, but when I uncheck this option, all the words appear reverse, so I would expect the contrary on CM.
I don't really understand why the highlighted word would have a different behavior in CM, as all the words in the suggestion bar are written with Canvas.drawText() method
inoam
Hey Cyril and progress on the Issue?
Also, just reporting a small bug, long pressing "ש" to get "0" gives out something else.
cyril Developer
No... I would need to flash CM (I don't have time at the moment) to check this problem myself, because I can't understand how that's possible
About the long press, it's on purpose.. it displays a 0 and another character (I don't know why but I saw that on other keyboards too ;) )
inoam
That sign is for ILS (israeli shekel) it's never used :)
About the other bug I'll gather some patience ;)
cyril Developer
So I installed CM and indeed reproduced this problem. Now I will try to understand it!
cyril Developer
Not sure why it didn't work, but anyway I found a workaround which seems to fix the problem, so this will be in the next version
mattan
I am using Hebrew keyboard, and the "RTL suggestions" doesn't work for me (both marked or unmarked).
All the suggestions appears reverse.
Any solution?