Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

pressing "ghi" button does not result in the word "I"

SamFerdinand
Typing in portrait mode and using the T9 mode, whenever I press the "ghi" button, the suggestion is ALWAYS the letter "g" and NOT the WORD "i".
This happens whether I use the Norwegian or English keyboard, and in both languages "i" is a common word.
I have tried re-installing without this changing. Can you please look into it and give me a reply?
cyril Developer
Hello
"ghi" should give "I" in English *if* you have T9 mode enabled.
Otherwise you can always define a custom AutoText to replace "g" by "i", for Norwegian
SamFerdinand
Thank you for replying, but that is de facto what it doesn't. It have been an issue for many months now. I did also add "i" to the User Dictionary though that did not improve anything.
cyril wrote:Hello
"ghi" should give "I" in English *if* you have T9 mode enabled.
Otherwise you can always define a custom AutoText to replace "g" by "i", for Norwegian
ChokDK
This is also my problem - I have to edit "g" to "i" constantly.
Where to define that autotext - can't find where to edit?
The promised "redefine keys" is not to find? (danish language)
SamFerdinand
Thank you, it did work. I wasn't aware that the thread you linked to discussed my problem. I always check for threads discussing the same problem I encounter before starting a new one, but this didn't catch my attention it seems.

In any case, follow this link and see my new problem (!)
http://www.dexilog.com/smartkeyboard/fo ... 029#p44029
ChokDK wrote:uhmm.. look what 5 minutes of search on the forum can do! ;) :oops:

[...]

Try this one out - it works for me anyway (thanks again Cyril)