Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Custom dictionary

harry
hi,

is it possible to add a completaly different dictionary? I like to add a complete set of words of the Swiss german language. It is a specific dialect in a region of Switzerland. I don't want to send the word list and let somebody else create the dictionary. I want to maintain the word list from time to time. I'm a developper and familiar in the development of android applications.
If something like that doesn't come into consideration to you, is it possible to edit the "user dictionary" on a host computer? do you safe them in a db or in a text file?

thanks a lot, it's really a very nice peace of software you wrote!

cheers,
harry
cyril Developer
Hi
the dictionary is stored in /data/data/net.cdeguet.smartkeyboardpro/databases/userdic.db (sqlite)
you can easily edit it yourself, but you will need to use an available language code, as swiss doesn't exist in the keyboard (you could use "DE" or any other latin language, and use the new option "force latin layout")