Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

escape key

furat
Hi I use vi editor which escape a very important key but I couldn't find it in smart keyboard pro, is it there ??
cyril Developer
Hello
I can't imagine you really use vi on a phone ;)
Actually there is no escape key... maybe the arrow keypad would be a place where to add it
furat
I can't imagine you really use vi on a phone
I use it when I ssh to a server :D
veper
cyril wrote: Actually there is no escape key... maybe the arrow keypad would be a place where to add it
Hello Cyril, add me to the list of people that would be very very happy if Smart Keyboard Pro included CTRL and ESC keys in the Arrow keypad window (where TAB key already is).

I use Connecbot to ssh into our servers just to do basic stuff, one of them being to ping servers. Since ping is cancelled using CTRL+C combo, I have a hard time doing it with Galaxy S (no physical keyboard). Yes, you can supply number of pings to the command, but I never remember that before after I already execute the command ;)

Thanks much in advance!