Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Keyboard Keys Randomly Go Dead (MyTouch4G)

1BlinkGone
Okay I'm running 2.3.4 on this phone, and virtually since downloading this app, certain keys will randomly go dead. The keys on either side of the "dead" key will work, but say the S won't work or maybe the A or R, one will just stop working here or there, nor give vibration feedback. Dead. It's not always the same keys, and it's getting very frustrating. The stock Gingerbread keyboard does not do this whatsoever... I used the GB keyboard all day today to verify this- though I don't care for it in comparison to your product, at least it doesn't do this. I can't get through a simple text message with Smart Keyboard without keys freezing on me... every sentence, and sometimes every few words. Hideous.

I can tilt to landscape, to "free up" the offending key; or wait until it decides to work. Again, the Gingerbread keyboard does not to this at all. Please help. Aside from this evil glitch, I love this app. Oh, and I have PLENTY of memory free. Thanks.